Thanks for stopping by. You’ve reached the online presence of a speculative fiction writer. In this case, speculative encompasses science fiction, space opera, horror, fantasy, historical fiction and paranormal mystery. Novels, novellas, short stories, and lately, screenplays. No poetry so far but maybe someday.
I’ve just wrapped up screenplay adaptations for my medical thriller, Shattered, and my horror novel, Death Clause. Shopping the former has thus far been met with a cricket symphony but the effort continues.
Have found a publisher for a science fiction short story and am writing a sci-fi / horror short story now. Still looking for a home for my urban fantasy novel that deals with hybrid beings and suckered arms. I believe the surreal aspect of the latter might be enough to pique the interests of Franz Kafka and Salvador Dali.
Yes, from beyond the grave.
The Mars Wars series is now a complete trilogy.
Note the vibrancy of life on Earth. It is rare not find some kind of life, regardless of how hostile the environment. But on Mars — currently — there is no life.
Perhaps billions of years ago there were primitive lifeforms, and the Red Planet had hot, radioactive cores that created a magnetosphere to fend off solar winds while holding onto its water and air. Now the rock and sand is barren and the weaker rays of a more distant sun can only illuminate the desolation.
Writing, on any given day, moves along a scale between these two extremes.
As you may have guessed, the Mars Wars series involves terra forming Mars, but there are conflicts and other undesirable consequences ….
- Dark Stars is an anthology of science fiction horror drabbles, stories of exactly 100 words.
Within, you’ll find stories of evil aliens, brood mothers, psycho AI, death machines, creatures
of the dark void of space and so many more sinister sci-fi visions from authors around the world.
- my drabble in this cool collection is called “Choices” and deals with making them on Mars when air is low and danger high.
- posted a free horror short story, “The Cicada Killer,” that centers on a mad scientist of humble circumstance that goes awry in a hurry.
- my science fiction short story, “Exodus,” has been published in the July 2022 edition of Dark Horses Magazine.
- Free sample chapters of Annihilation Plan: (Mars Wars Book 3). Give it a test launch.
- The audio version of Annihilation Plan: (Mars Wars Book 3) is now available via Audible slash ACX.
Here’s the audio sample.
Free Audiobook Codes has the promotional codes for free downloads of the entire novel.
- Bridget Devereaux, a young intern at Chambers Hospital, suspects something is strange about the strain of leukemia in recent admissions. She researches the blood cancer and traces the catalyst back to Andrew Raynorr, MD. But Raynorr is aware Bridget has found him out, and now not only her career, but her very life is in jeopardy in medical thriller, Shattered.
- Imagine Vincent van Gogh in our modern world. Suppose, during the last year and a half of his life, when he severs part of his ear and commits himself to the insane asylum, he stumbles into the very circumstance he has longed for his entire adult life — a family. Would his life change for the better, or would his self-destructive tendencies again prevail? Set in modern-day North Carolina, biographical fiction novel — Van Gogh, Encore — explores the turbulent and passionate aspects of Vincent’s world.
- Enjoy zombie slash undead tales of horror? Death Clause ebook is free over at Smashwords.
Can’t make it free on Amazon Kindle but at $.99 it’s cheaper than a cup of coffee and far more memorable, I’d wager.
- Announcement: Annihilation Plan (Mars Wars Book 3), is available as of January 28, 2022 by Close To The Bone Publishing out of the UK. In the words of Senior Editor Craig Douglas, Close To The Bone’s focus is “to provide opportunities and to cut the bullshit out of publishing.” Craig did a great job on the cover art.
- my sci-fi short story, “The Foot Race,” has been reprinted by MetaStellar
- my short story titled “The Cicada Killer,” for inclusion in “Xenobiology – Stranger Creatures” Anthology, is now available from Rogue Planet Press, an Imprint of British Horrified Press.
- Mars Wars sci-fi trilogy Books 1 and 2 found a home at Kensington Books for their Rebel Base Sci-Fi & Fantasy line. They crushed the editing and cover art. Mars Wars Books 1 and 2 are published, but they’ve decided to not publish Mars Wars Book 3 in these uncertain times. The working title is “Annihilation Plan.”
- The Weird and whatnot has published my science fiction tale, “The Source Beyond,” in the 03/2020 edition.
- The Weird and whatnot is slated to publish “The Source Beyond” science fiction tale, in late 2/2020
- a guest post at Locus Magazine, “The Allure of Mars” (https://locusmag.com/2020/02/
- Very cool to have my story, “The Paisley Witch,” included in one of Flame Tree Publishing’s latest anthologies, Pirates & Ghosts Who else is making such handsome books these days? Silver, matt laminated, gold and silver foil stamped, embossed.
- New Reader Magazine published my science fiction short story, “The Foot Race,” in their inaugural issue.
- Star Ship Sofa 558 features my science fiction short story, “The Foot Race.”
- Amazon has the list of my small press and indie titles, until I can incorporate them on this site.
Great Classical Music: