Thanks for stopping by. You’ve reached the online presence of a speculative fiction writer. In this case, speculative encompasses science fiction, space opera, horror, fantasy, historical fiction and paranormal mystery. Novels, novellas, short stories. No poetry so far but maybe someday.
Currently I’m editing an occult detective novel. I believe the surreal aspect might be enough to make Salvador Dali sigh.
Mars Wars Books 1 and 2 were published by Kensington Books for their Rebel Base imprint. I’ve written Book 3, but it is not going to complete the trilogy at Kensington (see Publishing News below). Fortunately Close To The Bone Publishing, a gritty publisher out of the United Kingdom, is picking up the Mars Wars mantle come January 2022. I also spin up a few short stories along the way.
Lift off began in 1/2019 with Detonation Event (Mars Wars Book 1)
Rogue Planet (Mars Wars Book 2) was published 1/21/2020.
Note the vibrancy of life on Earth. It is rare not find some kind of life, regardless of how hostile the environment. But on Mars — currently — there is no life.
Perhaps billions of years ago there were primitive lifeforms, and the Red Planet had hot, radioactive cores that created a magnetosphere to fend off solar winds while holding onto its water and air. Now the rock and sand is barren and the weaker rays of a more distant sun can only illuminate the desolation.
Writing, on any given day, moves along a scale between these two extremes.
As you may have guessed, the Mars Wars series involves terra forming Mars, but there are conflicts and other undesirable consequences ….
- Announcement: Annihilation Plan (Mars Wars Book 3), is now available for pre-order, and has a release date of January 27, 2022 by Close To The Bone Publishing out of the UK. In the words of Senior Editor Craig Douglas, Close To The Bone’s focus is “to provide opportunities and to cut the bullshit out of publishing.” They did a great job on the cover art.
- my sci-fi short story, “The Foot Race,” has been reprinted by MetaStellar
- my sci-fi short story, “Exodus,” has been accepted by Black Hare Press for one of their Lockdown Sci Fi anthologies.
- my short story titled “The Cicada Killer,” for inclusion in “Xenobiology – Stranger Creatures” Anthology, is now available from Rogue Planet Press, an Imprint of British Horrified Press.
- Mars Wars sci-fi trilogy Books 1 and 2 found a home at Kensington Books for their Rebel Base Sci-Fi & Fantasy line. They crushed the editing and cover art. Mars Wars Books 1 and 2 are published, but they’ve decided to not publish Mars Wars Book 3 in these uncertain times. The working title is “Annihilation Plan.”
- The Weird and whatnot has published my science fiction tale, “The Source Beyond,” in the 03/2020 edition.
- The Weird and whatnot is slated to publish “The Source Beyond” science fiction tale, in late 2/2020
- a guest post at Locus Magazine, “The Allure of Mars” (https://locusmag.com/2020/02/
- Very cool to have my story, “The Paisley Witch,” included in one of Flame Tree Publishing’s latest anthologies, Pirates & Ghosts Who else is making such handsome books these days? Silver, matt laminated, gold and silver foil stamped, embossed.
- New Reader Magazine published my science fiction short story, “The Foot Race,” in their inaugural issue.
- Star Ship Sofa 558 features my science fiction short story, “The Foot Race.”
- Amazon has the list of my small press and indie titles, until I can incorporate them on this site.
Great Classical Music: